Saturday, April 7, 2012

frugal pondering.

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. 

I am going to be a SAHM for a few years, at least until Aria can attend preschool.  Obviously, the lack of income from my corner is being replaced by a new sense of frugal behaviors.  The other day, I put pen to paper on how much we spend on diapers in a week.  Then by a month.  Then to a year.  If we continue buying Wegman's brand diapers, which are inexpensive and I admit, work wonderfully for Aria, but... we will pay at least 500 dollars for diapers this year. 

That. is. insane.

Then you think about how Aria will likely be in diapers until she's at least 3... there you have it folks.  Sure, compared to some things, perhaps not an insane amount of money but when you just cut back on one full income, it surely is a hunk of money that I would love to not have to be spending.

So... I've started researching cloth diapers.  It's overwhelming!  There's so many kinds of them - prefolds, pockets, AIOs - not to mention how many brands exist.  I feel completely lost.  But... I'm going to give it a go.  The trick will be convincing Chris to hop on board... eek. 

No comments:

Post a Comment